1. The 5 MOST Costly Hiring Mistakes Companies Can Make Newly Developed Technology Exposes Why… You’re MISSING the BEST Talent for Hire
2. Sound Familiar? • AreYou Seeing More Less Qualiﬁed Applicants? • Is It Taking Longer to Fill the Right Position with the Right Person? • AreYou Experiencing Interview Fatigue Trying to Fill AllYourVacancies?
3. I’ll show you how to reduce this by up to 78%, but ﬁrst…
4. Times Have Changed… • 20Years Ago a Single Ad Would Bring in 5-7 Résumés a Week • Because of Certain Hiring Breakthroughs,Today, a Single Ad Can Bring in As Much As 200 New Résumés a Week!
5. Hiring Breakthroughs • 1994: Robert McGovern was the First to Host a Job Posting Online1 • 1995: LATimes, Boston Globe, ChicagoTribune, NewYorkTimes, San Jose Mercury and Washington Post Create CareerPath.com2 • 2003: LinkedIn Launched3 • 2013: CVirtual IntroducedVideo Interviews Sources: 1. Peter Behr, David Segal, “High-Tech Turks Lure Big-Buck Backers; Outside Investment Grows but Trails Other U.S. Centers”, The Washington Post, Nov. 4, 1996, pg. F05! 2. Jesus Sanchez (1995, October 18), “THE CUTTING EDGE: COMPUTING / TECHNOLOGY / INNOVATION; 6 Papers Launch On-Line Help-Wanted Classiﬁeds; Advertising: With 23,000 entries, employment service initially will be free to job-seekers :[Home Edition]”, Los Angeles Times ,p. 4. Retrieved December 18, 2008! 3. http://www.linkedin.com/about-us
6. Where’s the Market at Today?
7. I know this looks like my kids scribbled all over it, but it actually is very important because job market problems today lead to hiring problems tomorrow.
8. The Beveridge Curve Source:” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beveridge_curve • “A graphical representation of the relationship between unemployment and the job vacancy rate.” • “Higher levels of unemployment… imply decreasing efﬁciency in the labor market.” • “Inefﬁcient labor markets are due to mismatches between available jobs and the unemployed.”
9. In Other Words… Many of the Current Job Seekers Do NOT Have the Skills Necessary to Be Hired for the Jobs They’re Applying for
10. US Job Market Snap Shot • 119,335,000 Employed Workers Currently Seeking Better Employment Source:” http://www.recareered.com/blog/2012/03/13/just-how-many-job-seekers-are-looking-for-work/
11. 27.1% Searching for Employment Passive Job Seekers
12. Job Market Snap Shot • 12,806,000 Currently Unemployed Searching for Work Source:” http://www.recareered.com/blog/2012/03/13/just-how-many-job-seekers-are-looking-for-work/
13. More Than 5.5 Million People Have Been Unemployed for 6 Months or Longer!!
14. Job Market Snap Shot 119,335,000 US Employed Workers Currently Searching for Better Employment 12,806,000 Currently Unemployed Searching for Employment Source:” http://www.recareered.com/blog/2012/03/13/just-how-many-job-seekers-are-looking-for-work/ + 132,141,000 People Currently Competing for Employment
15. For Every Job Opening Available There Are 2.6 People Competing for That Position
16. • 7,600,000 Applied for 65,000 Starbucks Jobs • 1,000,000 Applied for 2,000 Proctor and Gamble Openings • 2,000,000 Applied for 7,000 Google Openings Source: http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/why-the-job-search-is-like-throwing-paper-airplanes-into-the-galaxy/
17. Source:” http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352011/Up-160-graduates-chase-job-Leading-ﬁrms-increase-number-applications-role.html
18. Does Competition… • Bring Out the Best? • Meaning: Does the cream rise to the top? • Bring Out the Worst? • Meaning: Does it take longer than normal to ﬁnd the right candidate because they’re getting lost in all the clutter?
19. Source:” http://career-advice.monster.com/job-search/company-industry-research/despite-unemployment-many-jobs-hard-to-ﬁll-hot-jobs/article.aspx
20. Technology: Blessing: Now More Than Ever an Employer Can Reach Hundreds, If Not Thousands of Job Seekers or… Curse: The Same Employer Can Have Their Post Overlooked Because of Every Other Competing Job Post Out There
21. Source:” http://www.craigslist.org/about/factsheet
22. Source:” http://www.careercast.com/career-news/employers-craigslist-job-postings-contain-hidden-cost
23. Sound Familiar? • AreYou Seeing More Less Qualiﬁed Applicants? • Is It Taking Longer to Fill the Right Position with the Right Person? • AreYou Experiencing Interview Fatigue Trying to Fill AllYourVacancies? • NowYou Know Why!
24. What No One Is Willing to Talk About
25. The True Costs of a Bad Hire
26. Source: ” http://www.nbrii.com/resources/infographics/nbri-infographic-thecostofabadhire.png Average Hiring Costs Total = $32,500 $500 Advertising Expense $2,500 Interview Costs $7,500 Hiring Costs $22,000 Training Costs
27. What About… What Will All That Cost You? • Loss Productivity Costs • Disruption Costs • Missed Opportunities
28. Source:” http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2012/09/27/the-1-reason-companies-make-bad-hires/
29. Are You Settling?
30. What isYour Hiring Process Like? • You’re Presented with 8 “Qualiﬁed” Candidates • You Choose to Interview 6… • After 6 Hours of Interviews No One Stands Out • Interview Fatigue Begins to Set In • What DoYou Do? • DoYou Settle for Good Enough?
31. Source:” http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2012/09/27/the-1-reason-companies-make-bad-hires/
32. Source:” http://www.inc.com/tom-searcy/the-problem-with-being-good-enough.html
33. AreYou Accidentally Building a Good Enough Organization?
34. WouldYou Agree?
35. Source:” http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2012/09/27/the-1-reason-companies-make-bad-hires/
36. You Can Hire the Best, But FirstYou Need to Watch Out for…
37. 5 Hiring Mistakes Companies Make 1. Overusing the Same Job Boards 2. Not Utilizing Facebook 3. Relying Too Much on LinkedIn 4. Ignoring Twitter 5. Not LeveragingVideo Interviews
38. 1. Overusing the Same Job Boards • Problem: Going After the Same Hiring Pool
39. Source:” http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2013/03/why_employers_arent_ﬁlling_th.html
40. Job Boards Only Target Active Job Seekers • You’re Missing Out On the Hidden/Passive Job Seekers • You’re Not Finding the Ones Who Are Not Looking
41. 2. Not Using Facebook • Problem: Not Using the “Facebook Stalk” to FindTopTalent
42. Source:” http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/16/social-recruiting/
43. 3. Relying Too Much on LinkedIn • Problem: Using LinkedIn asYour Go-To Hiring “Silver Bullet”
44. Source:” http://www.fastcompany.com/1815993/fast-talk-meeteor-facebook-stalk-job-you-want
45. LinkedIn’s Main Goal is for People to Network How Many Business Professionals DoYou Know Who Are Still Not on LinkedIn But Are on Facebook?
46. 4. Ignoring Twitter • Problem: #NotKnowingHowToUseTwitter
47. Source:” http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-40245242/how-to-use-twitter-to-ﬁnd-amazingemployees/
48. 5. Not Leveraging Video Interviews • Problem: WastingTOO MuchTime Interviewing
49. Spending All Day or Several Days Interviewing? Video Interviews Reduce the Amount of TimeYou Spend Conducting Face-to-Face Interviews
50. Who ALREADY Uses Video Interviews… You?
51. Source:” http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/news/coladvice/book/bk981106.htm
52. Source:” http://www.perfectlaborstorm.com/2012/recruitment-2/how-many-job-applicants-does-it-take-to-ﬁnd-one-qualiﬁed-candidate/
53. The BEST Way to Find Top Talent FAST!
54. Virtual Interviews… …Create a Faster Time-to-Hire …Reduce Travel Expenses …Produce a Sustainable Hiring Model
55. Virtual Interviews… …ExpandYour Candidate Pool …Can BeViewedVirtually Anywhere …Reduce Interview Fatigue …Are Easy to Use
56. Source:” http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/news/coladvice/book/bk981106.htm
57. Source:” http://stafﬁngtalk.com/are-video-interviews-becoming-the-norm/
58. Easy As 1-2-3 3. Review Recorded Interviews at Your Leisure 1. Choose and RecordYour Questions 2. Send OutYour Virtual Interview Link + +
59. Recording Your Questions • RecordYour Own • Choose from a List of Pre-Recorded Questions
60. Post an Interview Link • Send OutYour Interview Link to Their Applicant Pool or • HostYour Link on a Job Board or Social Media Site
61. Review AtYour Leisure “Can you see how much easier it will be to ﬁnd the right person for the job?”
62. Streamlined Process • OnceYou’ve Found the Right Candidate for the Right Position… • Invite Them in for Live Interview
63. CanYou Do This OnYour Own? Of CourseYou Can! BUT…
64. and • You’ll Still Have to Coordinate Schedules • Eliminates Reviewing at Your Leisure • Hope that Technology Works Properly • Can’t Be Recorded or Shared
65. But There’s Still One Problem… LiveVideo Interviews Are Nothing More Than an Untested Resume
66. • You Can Review atYour Leisure • BUT Their Interview Is Also Scripted • You Only See What They WantYou to See “Take 57”
67. What This Hides… • All the Non-Verbal Communication They Don’t WantYou to See • 93% of All Communication is Non-Verbal • 55% is Physiological • 38% is Tonal • Only 7% Are the Words Used Source:” Mehrabian, Albert (2009). “”Silent Messages” – A Wealth of Information About Nonverbal Communication (Body Language)”. Personality & Emotion Tests & Software: Psychological Books & Articles of Popular Interest. Los Angeles, CA: self-published. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
68. Step Backwards… • Your Job is to Find the BEST Possible Candidates and Hire Them • Trying to Figure Out New Technology Only Adds to Your Already Overwhelming List of Duties
69. A Tale of Two Hiring Managers
70. A Day in the Life of… Traditional Tom Savvy Shaye
71. Hiring Decisions… Traditional Tom Tries to Find His New Hire on His Own Shaye Uses a Recruiter who Uses Virtual Interviews to Help Her Find Her New Hire
72. Weeding Out Process… • Both Tom and Shaye’s Recruiter Receive Résumés from 200 “Qualiﬁed” Candidates • 150 of the Applicants Don’t Meet Their Needs
73. Finding the Best… • 50 Candidates is Still Too Many • Both Parties Narrow it Down to the Exact Same 20 Applicants
74. No Substitutes… • Tom Interviews Who He Feels Are the Top 6 Candidates • Missed the Real Winner • Screening Will NEVER Replace a Live Interview
75. Tom’s Interviews… • After 6 Hours of Interviews Tom is Ready to Call it Quits • On Paper Each Applicant Looked Like They Were the “One” • Not Only is Tom Tired BUT He’s Now Behind on His Normal Work Load • Late Night for Tom • Does Tom Settle?
76. TheVirtual Interview Difference • Shaye’s Recruiter Sends Over 20 Résumés Accompanied with 20 Virtual Interviews • More Choices atYour Disposal • More Really is Better
77. Shaye’s Interviews… • In the Time it Took Tom to Perform 2 Live Interviews, Shaye Reviewed All 20Virtual Interviews • Shaye Spots 2 that Tom Missed • She Interviews Them and Hires the Better of the Two • She’s the Ofﬁce Hero! • Now That’s Working Smarter
78. 3 Kind of Recruiters 1. Résumé Mill 2. Knowledgable Partner 3. Knowledgable Partner Plus
79. Let Me Introduce You To…
80. • Recruitment Agency Specializing inVirtual Interviews to Make Your Hiring Easy • As a Knowledgable Partner Plus We’ll Seek to UnderstandYour Position • We’ll Find and Invite All Qualiﬁed Candidates the Market Has to Offer to Take aVirtual Interview
81. Best of All… • You’ll Be Like a Kid in a Candy Store • You’re Only Job is to Chose Which One of the Qualiﬁed CandidatesYou Want to Invite in for Live Face-to-Face Interview • Then,When Ready We Repeat the Process for You Again as Often asYou Desire New Hires
82. Is Right forYou? • Let Us Take on All the Risk • We’ll SendYou QualiﬁedVirtual Interviews • IfYou Like WhatYou See,You Can Contract for Our Services • Standard Contract Rates are 25% of Annual Salary
83. Let Us Start Working forYou! • Set Aside 20 Minutes to Let Us Understand the PositionYou Want to Fill • We Guarantee ALL Placements Up to 180 Days • We’ll Replace Any Placement Who’s Been Fired or Quits within 6 Months of Placement for FREE! • If After 45 Days We’ve Not Been Able to HelpYou,We’ll Gift You 3 Months Use ofVirtual Interviews
84. Click to Begin…